Monday, February 3, 2014

Dressing down my Donna Karan inspired set with a denim jacket


Sometimes we think that certain clothes are only wearable on special occasions, because they are so distinctive and chic for everyday wear. This skirt and top set is a fine example of such clothing but in some cases we can apply some tricks to dress down an outfit and make it more casual. In this case I’m wearing my Donna Karan inspired ruched top and skirt (self made back in 2011, click here for the sewing review) with a denim jacket and grey ankle boots. On top I layered my recently made grey blanket coat (click here for the sewing review), because today it’s really cold! I kept the rest of the accessories to the minimum but couldn’t resist adding this cobalt blue bag for a little splash of color! Have a wonderful day, guys! 
PS – Never mind the messy hair, the wind was giving me a hard time while I was shooting! Oh, and all photos were taken by me! 

--- 

Às vezes pensamos que certas roupas só devem ser usadas em ocasiões especiais por serem demasiado distintas e chiques para o dia-a-dia; este conjunto de saia e top drapeados são um bom exemplo do que estou a falar, mas por vezes conseguimos aplicar certos truques que nos permitem tornar um conjunto mais casual. Neste caso, estou a usar o meu conjunto inspirado em Donna Karan (feito por mim em 2011, cliquem aqui para os detalhes de costura) com botins e uma jaqueta de ganga; porque está bastante frio, vesti também o casaco cinzento que fiz recentemente (cliquem aqui para os detalhes de costura). Mantive os acessórios ao mínimo, mas não resisti a usar um saco azul-cobalto para dar mais cor ao conjunto! Tenham todos um ótimo dia!
PS – Não liguem ao cabelo, o vento estava mesmo forte e a dificultar a sessão fotográfica! Ah, e todas as fotos foram tiradas por mim!




10 comments:

  1. You are beautiful on these photos! The skirt and top are awesome. I want a skirt like that. I like denim jackets, I bought a new one again ( the third denim jacket).:)) You can see that soon! And your boots is a big love. I want to buy it in the fall (in Zara), but it wasn't in my size.
    xx

    www.shineonsilver.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cada vez pareces mais descontraida nas fotos! E claro cada vez melhor!
    Acho que o fato de usares o casaco de ganga faz o conjunto ficar mais descontraído. Gosto do efeito!

    Bjs
    Mónica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Obrigada! Acho que estou a conseguir abstrair-me do facto de estar a tirar fotos; sempre me senti um bocado tola a rir-me para uma máquina, haha!

      Delete
  3. I love the elegant draping of your dress, looks so chic!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts!
Obrigada por partilharem o que pensam!