Friday, November 28, 2014

Back in business: beige knit jumper, OTK boots and burgundy coat - De volta: vestido de malha bege, botas sobre-o-joelho e casaco bordéus

Hello to all! Hope my U.S friends and readers had a wonderful Thanksgiving yesterday (big hug to all)! 

A lot has been going on (hence my short absence), not all of it good, but today I have two main reasons to rejoice and decided to share with you all: I'm an auntie again (Henrique just got himself a baby girl cousin today!!!) and a very close friend who went through a very complicated surgery is recovering very well so big cheers to life, both new and renewed! 

When I woke up today my cell was packed with text messages about Black Friday's promotions on most retail chains and stores; since when do we have Black Friday in Portugal? I guess it's on now and although the discounts are still far from what I see in the U.S.A., 20% through 30% discounts are welcome, especially with the approaching Christmas holiday season. So yeah, I went shopping during my lunch break and bought a few Christmas gifts along with the most adorable clothes for my baby girl nephew: a pearl white top with matching pantyhose, a flower print dress, a burgundy knit coat and the most adorable pair of pink ballerina shoes EVER. I swear to you, I almost considered getting pregnant again!!! 

Regarding my outfit today, both the jumper and coat are worn for the first time while the bag and OTK boots are from previous seasons. The large medallion necklace is also new, bought it a few weeks ago. I really love the salt & pepper effect of the jumper and I think this kind of knit dress is made for wearing with OTK boots. Beige and burgundy are a match made in heaven too so yes, I'm quite pleased with today's outfit. 

Thank you all for reading!! 

--- 

Olá a todos! Espero que os meus amigos e leitores dos Estados Unidos tenham tido uma ótima Ação de Graças ontem! 

Por aqui muito se tem passado (daí andar desaparecida), nem tudo boas coisas, mas hoje apetece-me realçar as boas e de fato tenho duas boas razões para estar feliz: sou tia outra vez (o Henrique ganhou uma priminha hoje!!!) e um Amigo muito querido, que sofreu uma cirurgia muito delicada, está a recuperar muito bem e com um prognóstico muito positivo! Apetece-me fazer um brinde à Vida, tanto a nova vida como a vida renovada! 

Logo de manhã comecei a ser bombardeada com SMSs de descontos Black Friday; desde quando temos Black Friday em Portugal? Os descontos não estão nem perto dos que se verificam nos Estados Unidos, mas 20% a 30% de desconto não se desconsideram quando temos as compras de Natal para fazer. Por isso lá fui eu, à hora de almoço, ao templo de consumo cá da terra… Além de algumas prendas de Natal comprei um conjunto LINDO para a minha sobrinha: camisolinha e meias-calças brancas, vestido florido em tons de rosa, branco e bordéus, casaquinho de malha bordéus e os sapatinhos cor-de-rosa tipo bailarina mais adoráveis que já tinha visto! Juro, apeteceu-me ser mãe outra vez! (mas passou-me, ok?) 

Quanto ao conjunto de hoje, tanto o camisolão como o casaco são novos (a estrear), enquanto a bolsa e as botas já transitam de estações passadas. Ah, o colar com medalhão também é novo, um achado. Gosto do efeito mesclado do camisolão e creio que este género fica muito bem com botas sobre-os-joelhos. A combinação de cores também resultou muito bem, estou bastante satisfeita com todo o conjunto.

Muito obrigada por aparecerem!

Seguir no Facebook / Seguir no Bloglovin





(all photos by me)
(todas as fotos tiradas por mim)

12 comments:

  1. very nice jacket
    http://melodyjacob1.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorei o look!
    E essas botas são de morrer*

    Parabéns pelo novo anjinho na família, desejo tudo de bom.

    Beijinho grande,
    Vanessa Ribeiro
    http://nessabyvanessaribeiro.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete
  3. O casaco é lindo, Tany. Sarja com resina? Parabéns pela sobrinha e melhoras para seu amigo. Beijos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oi Míriam! Muito obrigada! O casaco é de napa, mas é uma napa diferente do usual, mais resiliente. Estão sempre inventando novos materiais,... Beijos para você

      Delete
  4. You look amazing! Love that jacket!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look wonderful Tany!
    I thought the same about Black Friday sales. So funny to see them crop up on European websites too.
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Como sempre o conjunto é lindo.
    E deverias pensar melhor em voltares a ser mãe!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous Tany & that necklace is fabulous! Wishing your friend well too.
    DeniseAngela

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tany this has to be my all-time-favorite look on you. It's beyond beautiful. That sweater, that sweater........I want that sweater...... Thanksgiving was nice, I skipped black Friday, I was in no mood for the crowd, lol. I shopped on Tuesday and got some nice things, the leather dress was one of them.
    kisses darling mine
    Lenya
    FashionDreams&Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dear Tany, I'm sorry you went through some hard days. I hope now everything is over!! Congrats for being an auntie!! It's so fantastic! You look gorgeous my friend. Take care!
    Baci,
    Coco et La vie en rose - Valeria Arizzi

    ReplyDelete
  10. So great to hear good news after dark and hard days! Oh, a baby girl!!! Usually I just delight in lovely girly baby clothes... And your outfit?? I want the whole look! Love the gold with that amazing burgundy coat!!! You give me energy every time I see your photos!! Kisses, Eszter

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts!
Obrigada por partilharem o que pensam!