Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Casual day: orange sneakers – Dia casual: ténis cor-de-laranja


I’ve been wearing All Star sneakers since my youth; I remember well my first pair, Chuck Taylors in baby blue (the low top version). Before the All Star I wore a pair of white Sanjo sneakers until they were completely destroyed. So today the weather is awesome and I decided to wear my orange All Star with a midnight blue outfit with accents of white. The jeans are a recent purchase; I love the fact that the belt loops have a smaller belt loop on the inside to use with a skinny belt, and also there are the sequins on the side. The necklace was a gift from a dear friend, I'm wearing it for the first time.
Is this an office appropriate outfit, some of you may ask? In my case yes, because I work in a creative environment, there’s no specific dress code and most people there are wearing casual or business casual outfits. Unless we have scheduled meetings with clients, this is a good everyday outfit to go to work, in my case. Have a wonderful day, hope you like this outfit! 
--- 
Tenho usado ténis All Star desde a minha juventude; lembro-me bem do meu primeiro par, uns Chuck Taylor em azul-bebé (a versão sapato). Antes dos All Star usei um par de ténis Sanjo até ficarem totalmente destruídos… Pois hoje o tempo está espetacular e apeteceu-me usar os meus All Star cor-de-laranja num conjunto azul-escuro com contrastes em branco. Os jeans são uma compra recente; adoro o detalhe das passadeiras estreitas dentro das passadeiras normais, para permitir usar um cinto fininho, e há também o detalhe das lantejoulas de lado. O colar foi uma prenda de uma querida amiga, estou a usá-lo pela primeira vez!
Alguns de vocês poderão questionar se esta indumentária é adequada para o meu ambiente de trabalho; pois no meu caso sim porque é ambiente criativo, sem dress code definido, onde a maioria das pessoas vestem casual; a não ser que tenha agendadas reuniões com clientes, este é um conjunto perfeitamente aceitável para ir trabalhar, no meu caso. Espero que tenham gostado, tenham todos um ótimo dia!







All picture by M., except the second and third from last, which were taken by me.

Todas as fotos tiradas pelo M. exceto a segunda e terceira a contar do fim que foram tiradas por mim.

16 comments:

  1. Hi, Teresa darling, thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a lovely comment <3 You look very nice in this outfit, it is comfy and with a modern fur twist to it, I just only think if you used that belt in orange color it would look more balanced, what do you think ? kisses and hugs! <3 Zhanna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you dear Zhanna! Yes, yesterday I visited your blog and enjoyed your recent articles very much, namely the ones where you explore the definitions and characteristics of some styles; I found the information shared very relevant and interesting!
      In this look I wanted to limit the orange to the sneakers alone (I also have an orange bag, an orange scarf and a "not so skinny" orange belt that wouldn't use the little loop feature that I wanted to demonstrate!) I tried all these pieces on, and decided to keep the orange only on the sneakers for highlighting them the most, using the white as "balancer" instead. An orange belt (as skinny as the white belt) would also work, perhaps even better, of course. Hugs! xoxo

      Delete
    2. Hi, darling, thank you for visiting my blog and I am very happy that you liked the info I share with my visitors. I noticed that Grunge style got more response then other two that I covered. Thank you for your beautiful reply, I can see your point now, I don't know I guess it is my habit of getting things balanced which makes things more predictable. You made me rethink, reapproach things differently, which is a positive experience in terms of styling. kisses and hugs! xoxo

      Delete
    3. You're welcome, dear Zhanna! I'll be following your blog from now on! The Grunge style is widely spread... I'm not a fan of the "anti-fashion" style, but I do sometimes use some elements from it,... You'll see me striding away from the obvious sometimes because I like to experiment and try different combinations. It doesn't always work and sometimes it depends on the mood... Sometimes I go back and browse through some of my past looks and I feel that I could make them better or more interesting now,… Some other times I really love the past looks and wouldn't change a thing. There are also looks that I really don't like now... I guess it's all part of our personal style evolution,... Kisses and hugs to you!

      Delete
  2. Orange is so trendy color int his season. pretty look, dear. Kisses

    www.shineonsilver.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. ja tinha saudades do sol

    beijinhos querida
    Chic Diary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Beijinhos para ti também, obrigada pela visita! :****

      Delete
  4. Adoro <3
    Um look bonito e chic, mas ao mesmo tempo muito confortável!
    Linda como sempre.

    Beijinho grande,
    Vanessa Ribeiro
    http://nessabyvanessaribeiro.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never seen that mini beltloop detail before, great idea! (Great outfit too of course!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought it would be a good detail to point out since it's easy to duplicate on our self-made garments! Thank you!

      Delete
  6. Awesome post!! Cool pics :) and nice outfit
    your blog it's awesome <3
    http://heyhadrien.blogspot.com/2014/02/white-walls.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Even on casual days you look very chic. Un abrazo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts!
Obrigada por partilharem o que pensam!