Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Self-made coat worn with vintage-style ski jacket and black leather leggings – Sobretudo feito por mim, jaqueta estilo ski vintage e leggings de napa preta

Hello guys, today I'm happy to show you yet another self-made garment, this leather-sleeve coat that I finished making back in November 2013 (click here for the sewing review, if you're interested). I'm wearing it with a (new) vintage–style ski jacket (I have photos wearing very similar style garments when I was a child, so I couldn't leave this one behind) and black leggings with front leather insets. The boots, bag and earrings were also worn yesterday, although the earrings were not visible in yesterday's photos. The earrings are clearly are inspired by the famous “Mise en Dior”. Wishing you all a very nice day, thanks for reading! 

Follow on Facebook / Follow on Bloglovin

--- 

Olá pessoal, hoje estou contente por vos mostrar mais uma peça de roupa feita por mim, este sobretudo preto com mangas de napa terminado em Novembro de 2013 (cliquem aqui para o artigo sobre os detalhes de costura, se estiverem interessados). Estou a usá-lo com uma jaqueta ao estilo ski (nova), muito na moda nos anos 70 (tenho fotos de criança a usar peças semelhantes, daí não ter resistido a comprá-la!) e leggings com encaixes frontais em napa preta. As botas, bolsa e brincos são os mesmos de ontem, embora os brincos não se conseguissem ver nas fotos anteriores: são compostos por duas pérolas, uma grande (atrás) e uma pequena (à frente), claramente inspirados nos famosos “Mise en Dior”. Desejos a todos de um ótimo dia, obrigada por aparecerem por aqui!

Seguir no Facebook / Seguir no Bloglovin




(all photos by me)
(todas as fotos tiradas por mim)

9 comments:

  1. You make such beautiful clothes! I would like to ask a question. I just made a faux leather trench coat for my son. It was part of a Halloween costume. I used a McCall's ladies trench pattern pinning together the fronts to make a solid piece with no bust shaping and eliminating waist shaping. The difficulty that I had with making the pattern was inserting the sleeves. As most sleeve patterns the sleeve was a bit larger that the armhole. You are expected to ease the sleeve into the armhole. You can't ease faux leather. I managed as best that I could. You look to have done a perfect smooth job of inserting your sleeve into the armhole. Any tips?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Becky, and thank you! Yes, inserting the sleeves on this coat wasn't an easy task and I knew I would only have one chance of doing it right, otherwise I'd have to cut the sleeves again (because of the needle piercing on the faux leather). I did manage to ease the sleeves in, but reduced the amount of easing by slightly lowering the cap height (around 1/4 inch - it makes a difference!). The double row of ease stitching were stitched on the sleeve SA, then the sleeve was pinned to the armhole (minding not to pierce the sleeve, only the SA). I used a lot of pins to guarantee the most even distribution of ease; then I machine stitched with the armhole side up (eased sleeve facing the feed dogs), carefully removing the pins as I go. In the end I guess I was also very lucky because a lot could have been gone wrong... Hope this helps!

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous as always! Love that coat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are beautiful, Tany! I hope things are (starting to be) better for you now...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Laura. Things are still rough... I'm doing my best to hang on :)

      Delete
  4. Estavas especialmente bonita nesse dia. O casaco é espetacular!

    ReplyDelete
  5. First let me say I love your makeup Tany you look gorgeous. As I already told you I'm gonna drop by your place and raid your closet. All thse self-made pieces I wanna have, they are awesome. I love every single piece you are wearing darling.
    kisses Tany
    Lenya
    FashionDreams&Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts!
Obrigada por partilharem o que pensam!