Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Mixing flower print, black&white stripes and red - A conjugar estampa floral com riscas em preto&branco e vermelho

If today's look was just black and white I could have called it Mime style only by adding suspenders and some extra makeup :), yet it is a little more complex than that… The color palette is black, white and red with some minor splashes in green (from the jacket) and I'm mixing different patterns (read stripes and flower print), something that can either ruin an outfit or make it more interesting, visually speaking. Let me walk you through the outfit construction for today's look: it all started with me wanting to wear these bright red pleated pants (for me it always starts with a specific item that I have in mind for that day); initially I had thought about wearing them with my dark denim shirt and maybe a black leather jacket but then I started thinking about the shoes,… The black track sole platform boots I wore a couple of days ago, perhaps? After trying them on with the pants I decided the pants hem should be longer to hide most of the boots (they are really high),… Either that or extra short, culotte's style… So I better wear flats with these pants or something mid-heel… Which flats, I asked myself? These black and white oxfords were lying around just under my nose so I grabbed them and immediately remembered the bag. Because of the shoes I thought about black and white stripes; with the denim shirt in mind, perhaps a striped blazer or my self-made B/W striped hooded jacket (click here) would work? No, something is off, too much black and white going on here… What about a black and white striped top, with well defined wide horizontal stripes, that would be nice… And finally the flower print quilted jacket came to mind and the outfit was complete in my mind. 

Last but not least the photos were taken under direct sunlight, a no-no unless it's the golden hour (just after sun-rise or before sun-down, when the light is more warm and diffuse)… I took my chances because I liked how the colors of the outfit popped out in this light and also the shades play a nice effect over the white wall. 

Thank you all for reading, see you guys soon! 



--- 

Se o conjunto de hoje fosse todo a preto e branco e se juntasse uns suspensórios e alguma maquilhagem, poderia bem chamá-lo de estilo Mimo… No entanto as cores e a mistura de padrões tornam-no um pouco mais elaborado. Vou mostrar-vos a sequência de pensamento que culminou neste conjunto: tudo começou comigo a querer usar as calças vermelhas (para mim começa sempre por uma peça em particular); inicialmente tinha idealizado vestir as calças com a minha camisa justa de ganga escura, talvez com um blusão de cabedal preto por cima, mas depois comecei a questionar-me acerca dos sapatos; podiam bem ser os botins plataforma pretos que usei no outro dia, pensei. Só que ao experimentá-los vi que a bainha das calças não escondia a maior parte do botim (para mim ou é assim ou então é a bainha pelo tornozelo ou acima, como se usa agora, estilo culote). Bem, então tenho de usar algo com um salto médio ou baixo… Os sapatos Oxford estavam bem ali debaixo do nariz e peguei neles, lembrando-me logo também da bolsa preta e branca. Preto e branco, riscas… Usar a minha jaqueta as riscas pretas e brancas com capucho (ver aqui), por cima da camisa de ganga? Não, demasiado preto e branco… Então lembrei-me do um top às riscas e só faltava a jaqueta, da qual me lembrei em último lugar e que conjugada com as riscas dá a piada toda ao look. 

Por último, uma nota para acrescentar que as fotos foram tiradas sob a luz direta do sol, algo que normalmente não se deve fazer a não ser que seja na hora dourada ou mágica (logo após o nascer do sol ou um pouco antes do sol se começar a pôr),… Podia tê-las tirado à sombra mas gostei do efeito vivo das cores sob esta luz, e também do efeito das sombras na parede branca!
Obrigada a todos por lerem e até à próxima!

Facebook / Bloglovin / Instagram




(all photos by me)
(todas as fotos foram tiradas por mim)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts!
Obrigada por partilharem o que pensam!